viernes, 6 de enero de 2023

POST 2: The Best Concert

 


It was the year 2015, when the Art-rock, Avant-garde cult band called The Residents came to Chile, specifically to the Nescafé Theatre of the Arts, in a way to celebrate the 40s Anniversary of the band, they tour all around the world. The Residents have been one of my favorites bands since I started listening to experimental music in my childhood. They have been playing since the decade of the 60s, what can only be entitled like absurd, abstract and oneiric like compositions. Since his beginnings, from literally not knowing how to play instruments, to his actual performances, where wonderful stories and profound concepts are developed through the sounds, they have been a remarkable influence on my thoughts, art and life. And when I received the news of their visit, ¡I couldn't control my happiness! It was a one-life experience, so I gathered some friends that knew and loved the band thanks to me, and went to have one of my personal favorite experience in life inside the world of arts. I know they are probably not coming back, because of the oldness of the members, but I am happy to say that I could see such an iconic band that influenced so many great musicians from the past century.

Here's a picture from the concert, featuring "Randy", main singer of The Residents.



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario